Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Learning Unit Reflections

Learning Unit Reflections

Learning Unit #1:  All About Me

I like the bubbl.us brainstorming tool a lot, it was a very quick and easy way to organize ideas.  I could definitely use this graphic organizer with my students to organize story details as well as for pre-writing.
I also liked the wordle and smilebox creation tools.  I know my students could definitely make a wordle of themselves for their all about me assignment and I will be adding it to the project for next year.  I also like the smilebox tool which I plan on using to make a class video to share with parents.

Learning Unit #2:  Our Earth - Maps

I never thought about using a spreadsheet to gather student information but I think it worked well for this project.
Google maps worked naturally with this project and I think the students will connect to this activity because they get to pin their own address.
I wasn't too wowed by Google Presentations, it is just like power point if you ask me.

Learning Unit #3:  We the People - Government

I would definitely like to use polleverywhere again but since my classroom only has 3 student computers and 2nd graders don't have cell phones, I would use it in the computer lab so that everyone can respond and we can see results instantly.
I think Glogster is a great tool for students to show what they know.  I think it would be great to split up a story or topic and have small groups of students create a glogster to share the information that they learned with the rest of the class.
I think Blogger is my favorite publishing too probably because I had my own blog before I started this class and I'm used to using it but it's a great way to publish to the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment